We’ve all got junk in our lives, don’t we? If I listed all of mine, you would (in spite of your best intentions) define me by that junk. Instead, I claim my identity in Christ alone, seeking to walk moment-by-moment in his grace. As you read my blog posts, you will get a sense of some of the challenges I have faced. Also know that I write to myself first as I wrestle with God’s word and applying it in my life. I post with the hope that it will encourage others. All of that said, below is a brief Statement of Faith because discerning minds will want to know.
- I believe in the infallible inspiration and authority of the Bible, the Holy Scriptures given by God through his prophets to reveal himself and his plan to humanity (2 Tim. 3:16 & 2 Peter 1:20-21).
- I believe in the virgin birth of Christ and the deity of Christ, and that he walked on this earth as God in human flesh, fully human and fully God (John 1:1 & 1:14).
- I believe in salvation by grace through faith alone (Eph. 2:8) and that works are the fruit of salvation through God’s workmanship in my life (Eph. 2:9-10).
- I believe in the substitutionary atonement of Christ; i.e., when I recognize my sin and the just penalty deserved, turn to God in repentance, and receive by faith the forgiveness that is freely offered, God credits the perfect life and sacrificial death of Christ on my behalf. I call this the great exchange – my sin is exchanged for the righteousness of Christ (2 Cor. 5:21).
- I believe in the bodily resurrection of Christ and his second coming (1 Peter 1:3, Romans 14:9, John 14:3, and Rev. 1:7).